Write and publish a biography multimedia E-book in the world's first student-made AAPI online library and present at Young Author Talk Forum and library/community event!
In this hands-on, highly interactive project-based learning class, students will:
- Research and write a socially conscious biography with their unique voice
- Draw illustrations or comics: character development, storyboard/plot, narrative arc, setting, dialog through panels, inking and coloring
- Add audios, music, and video to the E-book
- Learn about the publishing process and publish the E-book
- Read each other's books and give constructive feedback
- Learn how to share their E-book on social media for the book launch
- Present their books and do an author talk to the community/real world audience at a local library with other authors!
NextGen Edu 21st Century Skills and Mindset:
Media literacy and critical thinking
Multimedia creative design
Comics and illustration
Informational and narrative writing
Grit and Growth mindset
Goals and Intrinsic motivation
Audience awareness and empathy
Min: 6 kids
Max: 8 kids (plus 1 Teaching assistant. We will provide a need-based scholarship/tuition waiver to 1 extra student/each class.)
Curriculum designed by Dr. Jiang Pu. Lesson plans developed by Dr. Pu & Oliver Chin. We'll use Oliver Chin's "Awesome Asian Americians: 20 Stars Who Made America Amazing" as our mentor text. We have hand-picked some of the best biographies as reference books. The book list will be sent out to our students 1 week before the classes. APPs that will be used for making the E-books, comics, and videos will be shared in the first week of class.
Watch a video about this class
- Our teachers are published authors and university teachers graduated from/teach at Harvard, UC Berkeley and UT Austin.
top of page
Thank You !
Product Page: Stores_Product_Widget
bottom of page