Sun, Nov 28|
A Fieldtrip to the Moon with an Astronomer & NASA Silver Snoopy Award Winner!
Time & Location
Nov 28, 2021, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM PST
About the Event
Come learn about the moon from an astronomer! We'll have a Q&A session too, so come prepared!
- the moon environment
- the lunar soil (aka lunar regolith) and other factors affecting hardware in the lunar environment
- potential challenges of designing a Lunabot for digging and moving the lunar soil
- Educator Champion of Science
- NASA Silver Snoopy Award Winner
- Astronomer and Board Member at Chabot Space & Science Center
Gerald McKeegan joined the Chabot Space & Science Center in the year 2000. Gerald serves on Chabot’s Board of Directors, and is a member of the Eastbay Astronomical Society.
McKeegan holds a Master of Science Degree in Space Studies, and has over 40 years experience working in the space industry, where he was involved with numerous spacecraft projects, including the Space Shuttle, Cassini, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Mars InSight, Solar B, Juno and many others. In 1988, he was awarded the NASA “Silver Snoopy” award by the NASA Astronaut Office for his work in support of the Post-Challenger Space Shuttle Return to Flight program.
McKeegan also heads Chabot’s near-Earth asteroid search and tracking program, and has made more than two thousand asteroid observations using Chabot’s 36-inch telescope.
ticket to webinar$10.00Sold Out
This event is sold out